Hope and Despair [Jinki]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Mao wondered into the hotels lounge smiling softly at the humans he passed. He knew he shouldn't be here, but things at his resteraunt were going perfectly fine and he was bored. He let one of the hostesses show him to a booth in the very back of the room and sat down. He ordered himself a drink and began watching the various people, some dancing, others eating. The patrons here were very different from those that came to The Resteraunt. Though, not many humans ever actually went there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Jinki sighed, leaning against the counter tiredly. Having found himself without paperwork to do today, he had decided to help out a little in the kitchen. Of course, that left a few of his staff fawning over him like schoolgirls, but he didn't mind. They were cute, they way they acted. Not that he was interested, of course. Although now, the activity in the kitchen was dying down as the sun set, and the head cook eventually kicked him out, telling him to "go socialize with your patrons or something." Jinki took took the 'or something' option, heading to his room quickly to change into his avian form, which always fascinated his patrons. Once changed, he flew through the special opening in his door, and down to the lounge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Mao sat enjoying his drinks, occassion talking with a drunk who would strike up a conversation. Though when the pheonix entered, his attention was immediately drawn. The other seemed to always have a thing for dramatics. Mao could easily admit that the bird was rather gorgeous, but he never did understand people who flaunted what they are. He always had more fun hiding it so he could see the reactions when those around him actually did find out.

"Showoff," he muttered as he watched Jinki work his way around the room. He knew he should probably be leaving. If the little servent of the Gods found him here things may become problematic. But he was feeling so civil today, so he decided to stay. It would be the other's actions that would determine if things became out of hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:21 pm

Jinki smiled inwardly, thanking the heavens there were only a select few that knew the great white bird that visited the lounge was actually him. Most believed it was his pet, which he let out on occasion to stretch its wings. He landed silently on one of the perches around the room, taking a moment to preen his snow white feathers.

And that's when Mao caught his sharp eyes. For a moment, he wasn't sure what to think. How could one of them had gotten into Seventh Sactum...? But then, of course, he realized that it didn't matter. His hotel was open to all, Mao included. A split-second later, Jinki made what would most likely turn out to be a bad decision if things went wrong. He spread his wings again, lifting himself into the air and silently few himself to the perch nearest Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:33 pm

Mao turned his head to the large bird and smiled softly. "As flashy as ever I see. How are you this evening Jinki?" he asked leaning back in his seat and crossing one leg over the other. The vampire invaded the others mind making it easier to communicate. If the pheonix had tried to speak or squawk, it would draw a lot of unneccesary attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Jinki fluffed his feathers up a bit in protest to Mao calling him 'flashy', but quickly flattened them out. He shook himself, starting to preen as he replied. -I'm not flashy, Mao. Why are you like this?- he thought, whistling softly. -I'm fine, I suppose. Tired, though...yourself?- He pulled out a broken feather with his beak and let it fall to the floor, slightly displeased at the loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:21 am

"You are too, and messy," Mao sighed as he watched the feather fall to the ground. "And I thought those of your kind were supposed to be more refined," he took another drink. "As for myself, I seem to be much better off than you are. Still being treated as a mule I assume?" he said looking back at Jinki with his golden eyes. He really did feel sorry for the pheonix sometimes, he knew the other was treated horribly by the Gods and their orders. They really did have a tendancy of being demanding to those who served them. One thing Mao was never and would never be jealous of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:27 am

-I am not. I have to keep up appearances as a normal bird, you know. Anywhere else and I would burn that feather away to clean up after myself.- Jinki thought, shaking his feathers out again in irritation. He started cleaning his beak on the perch, drooping his wings slightly. -Mule is an understatement. They treat me like an immortal. Of course, yes, when I reach a Burning Day I technically am reborn, thus making me immortal, but I can die from exhaustion and overwork. I'm up to my neck feathers in paperwork.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:55 am

Mao couldn't help but chuckle at the little birds last statement. "Your neck feathers huh? How high are you perched for that?" he joked lightly. He didn't know why, but he wanted to try to lighten the others mood. He personally hated the Gods and what they stand for, but he knew that some on their side where suffering terribly and wanted to try to help them. Many of the Monsters were ruthless, but with him and a few others in charge, they were kept in line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:45 am

Jinki squeaked, fluffing himself up again in mock annoyance. -You know what I meant, Mao!- he exclaimed, glaring at Mao playfully. In truth though, most days he had more paperwork to fill out than he could handle. And on top of it all, he had a hotel to run at the same time. And it was taking it's toll. He was losing sleep, losing his concentration easier, finding it difficult to find the motivation to get out of bed when he did sleep. He hardly ever got a break. And because of all of this, he was starting to find it just a little bit harder to shift forms, finding it harder to return to his 'human' form.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Mao smiled widely, adjusting the muscles in his face so that he wasn't flashing his fangs. "Now now, relax. It sounds to me like you need a drink...or three," he said chucking. "Why don't you join me. Pretend you don't have to deal with these things for a while," he raised a slim hand and motioned toward the seat beside him in the round booth. He wasn't really expecting the pheonix to take his offer, but he thought he would try anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Jinki whistled again, loud and song-like. -I would love to, Mao, but you know I cannot shift in front of humans. They don't know this is me.- He spread his wings halfway, flaring the tips and bowing politely. -However, perhaps I could meet you in one of the suites for such things?- He wasn't one to decline such an offer, no matter who it was. Right now, he did in fact need to forget about everything, and Mao had absolutely perfect timing.

Last edited by Jinki on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Mao held his soft facial expression, though he was a bit surprised at the other for accepting his invitation. "Alright, of course I never meant for you to shift in front of others," he said looking up at the bird. "How about you lead the way. I am not so familiar with your hotel, so I will follow you," he stood as he spoke and laid money on the table for the drinks he had. He smiled softly at the bird and waited for him to show the way to where they would be going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Jinki nodded silently, spreading his wings and lifting himself into the air. He soared over his patron's heads, ignoring their amazed stares, and only aware of where he was going and that Mao was following behind him. He flew to the stairwell and through the opening in the door, leaving it up to Mao to not get lost. He headed up three floors, waiting for Mao at the last door on one of many perches. -After you, when you get up here Mao-san.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:28 am

Mao watched the little bird fly away before following it slowly. He wasn't worried about loosing where to go, the pheonix had a strong and distinct sent that was easy for the vampire to catch on. When he made it up the stairwell, he went through the way Jinki indicated and turned waiting for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:33 am

Jinki took the lead again, flying down the hallway to the very last door and through the opening at the top. It unlocked itself and opened partially for Mao, while Jinki alighted on the floor and, with a bit of difficulty, shifted almost all the way back to his human form. Unfortunately though, because of the stress from the past few weeks, he would be stuck with his wings out for a while - whether he liked it or not. He sat on a stool and waited, toying mindlessly with a long primary feather of one wing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:51 am

Mao walked to the room silently and leand in it's door frame, arms crossed. "You look almost like an angel when you have just your wings," he said gazing at the other. He began to watch the other's movements carefully. It seemed strange to him that the other would choose to only change half way. He walked over to the man sitting and reached up a hand, stoking one of his wings lightly. "Though, I think we would have some problems if you were," he said flatly, eyes flickering slightly as he looked at the pheonix's wing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:01 am

Jinki looked at the vampire, wondering what he was going to do until Mao softly touched his featherspire in slight surprise. "You think...?" He hadn't expected anything like that to leave Mao's mouth, not in a thousand years. Jinki watched him move closer, wondering what he was going to do until Mao touched his feathers. His wings drooped slightly, but he smiled. "I think we would...quite a few, truth be told..." he said, still messing with a feather to keep his hands busy. He wasn't sure if he liked this, having one not of his kind touching his wings. In a way, though, it was a relief. It had been nearly two hundred years since anyone had seen him like this, since anyone with a human form had seen him half-changed.

Last edited by Jinki on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:23 am

Mao looked down to the pheonix fidgiting with his feathers and smirked just barely. He took his hand away from the others wing and leaned down close to his face. He really enjoyed trying to make people uncomfortable or embarrassed, and now was no different. "So what would you like to do now that we are alone Jinki-san?" he asked smiling and wiggling an eyebrow suggestively in a joking manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Jinki tensed, leaning away slightly and flaring his wingtips for balance. He wasn't much one for the invasion of personal space unless it was someone he knew well, and Mao wasn't part of that category of people. "Ah...Mao-san...do I dare wonder what you're suggesting...?" he asked quietly, trying to play along despite how uncomfortable he was with Mao's closeness. But he did his best to not show it, half-smirking at Mao. Perhaps he could manage to go along with what Mao was up to without running away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:20 pm

"I'm suggesting whatever you're interested in," Mao winked, bringing a hand up and grazing it down Jinki's cheek. He felt the tenseness that the other held because of his space invasion and smirked. The pheonix was trying hard to not let him know, and was doing a pretty good job. Mao was going to have to step it up a bit. He leaned in a little closer, so the other could feel his breath across his neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Jinki sat as still as he could, trying to at least stay as calm as possible. He hadn't been this close to someone in years, and the fact that Mao had gone so far as to touch his skin and wings was beside the point. "Ah...whatever you want is fine with me," he said quietly, tightly curling his hands around the edge of the stool he sat upon and folding his wings close against his back. Mao's breath slid across his neck, and he tensed more. He wasn't sure what to do. So Jinki continued to just sit there, enduring the invasion of personal space and attempting to not let his discomfort show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Mao ran his hand down the other's chest as he listened to him speak. "Ah, but I'm not the one who needs to relax, you are," he poked slightly at Jinki. He looked over the phenoix's shoulder and spotted a couch. Deciding that is where he would like to sit, he pulled away from the tense body. He sat down and held out a hand to Jinki. "Why don't you come over here and talk to me, maybe it will help ease you a little. I won't bite, promise. Unless, you want me to that is," Mao smirked at his last statement, slightly flashing a fang.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jinki
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Jinki's eyes widened and he flared his wings again slightly at Mao's touch, but he found himself nodding silently in agreement. He sighed in relief the moment Mao pulled away to sit on the couch, rubbing his temples for a moment. He laughed quietly at Mao's last statement, getting up from the stool and taking a place at the other end of the couch. He curled up there, pulling his knees up to his chin and hugging his legs. Jinki let his wings droop, tired from the energy it took to keep them folded against his back. He wanted to put them away, he really did, but he couldn't. He didn't have the strength to do so. So he just smiled at Mao instead, not sure what to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Mao raised an amused eyebrow when Jinki sat so far away. Personally, he liked being close to people, hense the invasiveness of his conduct. He crossed one leg over the other, observing the pheonix closely. "So, why don't we start from the beginning," he said Immitating what he has seen psychologists do. Mao wasn't really sure if that was appropriate, but he found it entertaining. He laced his fingers together and resting his hands on his knee. "Unless you would like to talk about something else. Either is fine with me," he smiled softly trying to get the other to relax. It was obvious that Jinki was stressed and uncomfortable, so Mao figured that he would have to be the one to break the ice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope and Despair [Jinki]   

Back to top Go down

Hope and Despair [Jinki]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next