Eternity in Pieces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternity in Pieces

Which side are you on?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» NOTICE TO ALL - Closing
Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:40 am by Asfoeti

» ALL MEMBERS READ A.S.A.P.
Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:17 am by Snow

» NEED TO KNOW!! [Sticky]
Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:16 am by Snow

» Pest (Ruki and Ko-Ki maybe)
Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:29 pm by Ryoga

» A New Age (open)
Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:46 pm by HirotheLibrarian

» Dropping
Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 6:45 pm by Ruiza

» Hiatus.
Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:14 pm by Jinki

» It's All Greek To Me ::Mika::
Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 7:20 pm by Mika*

» Breathe In and Out. ::Open To All::
Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 3:25 pm by Jongup

Forum
Admins
Admin - Mao - Jinki - Asfoeti

Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Inaba Koshi
Stalker
Stalker
Inaba Koshi

Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:45 pm

This was one of the rare few moments Inaba managed to squeeze out from his never-ending work to run his divine errands.

"It's a miracle."

He muttered under his breath whilst fluttering through the cloudy shop spaces armed to the teeth with biodegradable shopping bags and his shopping list parchment. Hair as messy as ever and with a lost look plastered perpetually over his masculine features, the archangel was in his fully gathered form for once. Shopping's way too heavy for his multiple selves to carry! He had tried that once, thinking it would save time but a few of his sprites got so badly crushed by -ahem-toilet rolls-ahem- that he vowed never to do so again, or even speak of it.

The shopping parchment was longer than he was and it trailed all the way past his feet as he fluttered by with a quill plucked from his own wings.

"Okay, three Holy shrouds, check. Three tubs Halo polish, check. Three bottles of wing oil, check. Spare trumpet valve, set of three, check. Three LED lights replacement, check."

….Why was everything in blasted threes??!

Inaba sighed as he fluttered by, shouldering the bags that were getting heavier by the minute. A flyer from one of his earlier purchases caught his eye. Some new shop opening around the bend? What was it selling?

CELESTIAL CANDY

"…….Wonder if those come in threes…"

Well, good way to find out!
Back to top Go down
Beni
Foreigner
Foreigner
Beni

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 7:53 am

Recent events had made it necessary for Beni to return to heaven. She had been avoiding going back for quite some time. After all, there were far too many animals and moons to care for. Her time was spent caring for others. It didn't matter if she went without the basic things that she might need.

However, letting her halo batteries run out had led to her being stuck in a trap with no one to help her. It was a bit of fate that she'd been rescued by a rather weird little human in a place humans shouldn't be. She couldn't think on that too much at the time, but made a note to find out who he was.

"Oh dear..."

She was murmuring softly to herself as she tried to read her shopping list. It seemed that she'd attempted to add to it in bunny form, leading to some scrawled letters that she couldn't quite make out. It could say toothpaste or fish paste. She wasn't sure which it was.
Back to top Go down
Inaba Koshi
Stalker
Stalker
Inaba Koshi

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 11:05 am

Funny that two people had their noses stuck so deep in their shopping lists that they didn't notice the impending collision in three, two, one…

BUMP!

Down went the shrouds, away rolled the polish and the wing oil bottles sank through the fluffy cloud floor.

"Eek!"

It was a girly squeak really, choked by his own thoughts of digging through the foof for all his dropped shopping.

"Oh dear oh dear I'm so terribly sorry!!!"

Feathers, feathers everywhere and hands now too, groping the foamy floor in search of everything else.
Back to top Go down
Beni
Foreigner
Foreigner
Beni

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:34 pm

While still trying to decipher her own handwriting, Beni was so lost that she wasn't looking where she was going. It wouldn't have been unlikely that she'd walk right off the edge of the cloud. However, she hadn't been expecting to collide with something hard. She yelped, startled at the sudden stop.

POOF!

A white rabbit was hopping around among the rolling items. Looking up, she was certain that this man wasn't dangerous. She couldn't remember what his name was, but the face looked familiar. There were too many faces to remember out of all the beings in the world. Names were even harder than faces simply because there could be two or five...or hundreds called the same things.

There was one good thing about bunny form. It was easy for her to dig out all the items that had sank into the cloud. Beni pushed the items closer to him with her little bunny nose before hopping back to make sure she'd gotten it all. She was certain that she'd gotten it all.

Oh wait!

There was another bottle of something. She rolled it over before changing her shape back to it's normal form. "I'm so sorry." She gave him an apologetic smile as she helped put everything back into bags. "Is this your list or mine?" She wasn't sure until she saw that the handwriting was different on his. "You have nice penmanship..." Not like her own toothfishpaste mistake.
Back to top Go down
Inaba Koshi
Stalker
Stalker
Inaba Koshi

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:46 pm

POOF what?!

Stunned, the male's feathers splayed out in dismay. Did someone drop a bomb?! Were those even allowed up here these days with all those awful security checks?! When a white bunny emerged from the smoke, Inaba looked relieved when he realised what caused it.

"Oh."

It's Cassiel, one of the loveliest co-workers he knew. She was beautiful both in bunny form and in angel form. It nearly wasn't fair how pretty she was without even trying.

"Hey."

He helped with the retrieving of items, feeling a bit odd greeting the bunny but the next time he looked up, she was full-grown again.

"Mine, thanks. Sorry about that. You got everything?"

They were right in front of the candy store too, and blocking the whole darn entrance. Inaba's own smile was sheepish after he accepted the list.

"Thank you. Well…typewriters were invented a little too late."

He had thousands and thousands of years to practice before that, to the point where his script was so refined that it looked laser-printed at an expensive print store.

"All that report-writing…you know."

Inaba rubbed the back of his neck, ears all red. He was very unaccustomed to compliments.
Back to top Go down
Beni
Foreigner
Foreigner
Beni

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:29 pm

She smiled as she nodded. "Yes, thank you. There's no need to apologize." Beni couldn't help feeling a bit out of sorts. She'd just turned into a bunny in front of an archangel! That was more than a little embarrassing.

"You're welcome." She stood up slowly, looking down at her feet. "Typewriters have now been replaced with computers and tablets..." Beni glanced up at him. "Humanity has advanced, but I don't think they're more productive now." She mimiced typing with her hands held in front of her. "A typewriter had no distractions, but this internet thing has too much..." Her hand moved like she was wiggling a mouse. "Whooo...oh look there's something naughty on that person's screen..."

Beni shook her head, seeming confused for a second before she focused back on him. She'd finally remembered who he was. "I suppose you see a lot of that from shoulders.." Inaba was a very busy angel. "Were you going inside?" She tilted her head. "If you don't mind, I'll accompany you."

Reports had never been her strong suit. "I always get scolded about reports." Most of the time, she was late with them. "Late reports and reports written with an unsteady bunny hand aren't appropriate." Her cheeks flushed as she looked up at him again. He was so tall.

"How do you get your wings and halo so perfect?"
Back to top Go down
Inaba Koshi
Stalker
Stalker
Inaba Koshi

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:05 pm

"…Yeah, that."

Awkward cough. It was probably why he was a rare sight in the shopping district.

"It depends on how you look at it? To those who know how to use it, they advance in leaps and bounds, and to those who don't, they fall behind many steps."

In his multitude of wards to visit, he had taken many a scientist, astronauts and researchers under his wing, and all of them were brilliant people with minds sharp enough to cut diamonds. Rolling up his parchment the male nodded and smiled, holding the glass door open for Beni. Almost immediately a strong surge of bubbling caramel hit them hard.

"Wow."

That was all he could say amidst the sweet. Inaba fluttered over to the display to take a glance. Glittering macarons, glowing hard candy, ambrosia pops and mana shakes. Just the sight of it alone was enough to make his teeth ache.

Three for two Goodwills!
Three Goodwills for five!
Three sticks a bag!
Three colours a tube!

"….They do all come in threes…."

Inaba muttered to himself with a sigh. Beni's earlier question had his attention again however.

"Oh, this? Before winding down every night I just give them a quick polish…some oil for the feathers, it really helps to lessen the flight noise too."

Not as much rustling as before! He handed a bottle to Beni.

"Here, try one, it's really effective!"
Back to top Go down
Beni
Foreigner
Foreigner
Beni

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 11:06 pm

"Do you believe that there are more sharp minds now than there were before?" She could remember men like Beethoven, Eienstein and Tesla although she couldn't remember which name went with which deed without taking the time to ponder on it. The events of the world were so great and varied that she struggled with keeping it all straight. "Perhaps with the changing times, the arts and sciences are no longer at the forefront of what mankind considers greatness."

She thanked him for holding the door as she slipped inside ahead of him. The smell of caramel made her gasp softly. "Caramels! I love them. The day they were first crafted was a joyous occassion. Did you know it was originally an accident?" Beni smiled up at him as she was handed a sample of a new caramel flavor. She lifted it up to offer him a taste. "Milk caramels are the most popular, but the process comes from the mixture of cream, sugar, butter and flavoring not being heated more than one hundred and twenty degrees celcius..."

The mention of threes made her tilt her head. "Ahh...the use of triples is common in multiple religious systems from Christianity to Hinduism...even Norse mythology and the pagan beliefs." Beni paused for a moment, looking up at him. "It gets confusing sometimes to remember who, what and where...not to mention the when." She frowned, looking up at him. "Bad luck is said to come in threes..."

Beni took the bottle of oil. "Thank you." Her own feathers were often grass stained and littered with leaves or twigs. It was hard to keep them completely clean when she spent so much time gardening. "You should come for a visit the next time you get a chance. You can have all the fresh vegetables you'd like. I'm sure the animals would enjoy your company."

Her gaze was intent as she looked up at him with a serious face. She was thinking back on a previous topic. "Do you think the arts are failing? All the weird dancing has taken over instead of ballet..." She wrinkled her nose almost as cutely as she would in bunny form. "I think twerking is a demonic invention..."
Back to top Go down
Inaba Koshi
Stalker
Stalker
Inaba Koshi

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 9:05 pm

"....What's twerking?"

Well. Not everything was absorbed by the shoulder angel, so it seemed. Inaba looked delighted by her invitation though. Animals were always wonderful company...well as long as they didn't mistake him for food, or for lost offspring. He was unceremoniously shoved under an eagle's breast once and force-fed regurgitated rats. That was one...very awkward experience.

"That would be lovely, thank you!"

Bad luck was just prophesied and brushed away as it is by the mortals, but in truth it was the absence of good luck due to it being stolen by imps or little devils. It was an important spell casting ingredient for the wicked and thus the misfortune the stealing attracts makes it all the more wicked.

"Three is an essential number for spell-casting too."

Inaba explained after, having experienced seeing quite a good number of his wards' luck getting pilfered while he was on the job. How rude, really. Couldn't they at least wait till he was done??

"Is it really good? The honeycomb one looks absolutely delicious. Almost sinful, beg your pardon. Haha!"
Back to top Go down
Beni
Foreigner
Foreigner
Beni

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 10:29 pm

At his mention of the honeycomb flavor, Beni asked the attendant if they could sample it. She held the offered piece up to him and pushed it between his lips like feeding an unruly baby. "Here you go. Almost anything can be made into a caramel, but the best are ones like this." She pointed to an azuki bean flavor. "They're not too sweet. Some are cloyingly so."

The honeycomb had made her remember something she needed to pick up. "Ahh...do you know if there's a gardening shop nearby? I need to get some seeds and bulbs. My bees are in need of new flowers. The pollen hasn't been up to the par they'd like. I will have fresh honey soon though." She would have to extend him an offer for some later.

Being around other angels was difficult. She focused her attention on the displays of candies. "Am I keeping you from something?" Beni wasn't sure whether he was simply being polite in accepting her offer or genuine. It was easy for it to be either way. "I know archangels are very busy." Her smile was soft and a little distant. "I did interrupt your shopping and invite myself along."
Back to top Go down
Inaba Koshi
Stalker
Stalker
Inaba Koshi

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 10:48 pm

Pop! Inaba nommed on that piece and deemed it good. The wax melted into bits alongside the honey and caramel and it was just Heaven in his mouth really.

"I'll have three of that!"

Threes again. The male beamed as he received that bag and wrapped one up, handing it over to Beni. It was always nice to share.

"Um…Pixie Greenthumb moved to 12th Cloud. The rent here's getting too high, I think. She was complaining about that the last time I dropped by for cactuses."

He shouldered his bag and smiled. It was nice being able to talk to his co-workers sometime.

"Oh no no no! Just picking up some things. Here, let me help you with that!"

Inaba lifted her groceries easily.

"I'm on my way to 12th Cloud too, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Beni
Foreigner
Foreigner
Beni

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:46 am

Was everything in threes for Inaba? If so, she would have to gather him three of every vegetable and fruit that she'd been growing. "Thank you," she replied softly, cheeks flushing at being given something else from the tall angel. It was unusual for her to be given gifts from anyone.

"Oh, okay. I haven't tried something like that. In the summer months, I have a little farmstand that humans come to buy from. There's no rent for something like that." She often ended up giving away more than she sold, but the hungry needed to be fed. Most of the older humans came to sit with her simply because they felt relieved in her presence.

"You like cactuses?"

She'd have to ask when they got to the shop about one she knew of. If he didn't have one already, she'd buy it for him. Her thoughts were interrupted as he picked up her groceries far easier than she could. The flush in her cheeks wouldn't grew brighter as she looked down at the fluffy cloud beneath their feet.

"Thank you and yes.."

Thinking of things to talk about was suddenly hard. She didn't want to bore him with the history of the world. "It has been nice to speak with you, Inaba-san. Sometimes I think I've been away from heaven too long." Beni glanced up at him with a sad smile. "Coming back for shopping or reports has become stressful..." It wasn't supposed to be that way. Heaven was supposed to be home.

"I try not to come back..." Beni couldn't be sure whether telling him all these things was a good idea. He could go report her back to the big man in charge. "Do you ever feel that way?" Her faith hadn't wavered. It was simply overwhelming to be among the righteous chatter when her life was so peaceful away from it.
Back to top Go down
Inaba Koshi
Stalker
Stalker
Inaba Koshi

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:16 pm

"Oh, those Farmer Market things? Those are really nice. I love their organic peanut butter. You can choose between chunky, half-chunk or smooth! That's nearly as divine as a choice of clotted cream and whipping cream or yoghurt!"

Happy sigh<3!

The pair fluttered on from the main intersection towards 12th Cloud.

"Well…it's the only kind of plant I can keep. They're strong and sturdy and don't need attention I can't give."

Inaba was away from Heaven even more often than Beni. It helped to have installed that new touch-screen thing into his halo. All the reports could be submitted via email.

"I've got three little guys now. Bob and Bub and Buddy. They're going strong."

He beamed at the mention of his pet cactuses but his smile was short-lived upon seeing her sad one.

"It's the same as churches ne. Big Boss is always far away from these places as they need him the least there. It's the same for all of us, so don't worry so much about it, ne?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]   Stocking up on supplies [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Stocking up on supplies [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternity in Pieces :: District-
Jump to: